Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Keep on keeping on

I am now on my third week of my new exercise program. I have a good friend named Ruby (don't you just love that name?...If I ever have another daughter by accident I think I'll name her Ruby) anyway...Ruby and I have been waking up every morning at 5:00 and going to Zumba and Turbo Kickboxing classes. It has been so much fun! If you have never tried a Zumba class...you must! It is fabulous! It is a great workout and we get to shake our bodies...every bit of them! I also started my training for running RAGNAR which will take place in mid-June. When I told Mama Lou I was on a team for RAGNAR she said,"You've never been a good runner!" I say...well I am now! or I will be in about 5 months anyway.

So I think that if I journal my progress here on my blog that I will 'stick' with it and be more accountable. So all of you, my readers, can become my own personal JILLIAN to keep me motivated. But please don't try to break me down and make me cry...I can't take it!

I'll leave you with a cute story about Max. Max saw me getting a band aid out of the first aid kit and asked,"Mom! Are you a Doctor???" I answered with, "I wish...Maybe you can be a Doctor when you grow up" Max quickly replied..."Nope, I already know what I want to be. A cooker at that place they make those yummy pancakes....IHOP!" I will make everybody whatever they want to eat for breakfast!.....Oh that boy cracks me up everyday. Love him:)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I want to do ZUMBA and run RAGNAR! I want to be cool like you. Can I join your club? :) Good for you girl!

Sarah Cox said...

Wow Katie! Look at you go! Good for you!
That is funny that Max has such grand dreams for his future! lol!

PS. I have a training tomorrow so I won't be at CV...so I will see you next week!

Simonsen Family said...

You can do this Katie- Its always SO much fun when you have a great work iut buddy like Ruby to encourage each other too.... I can't wait to follow your progress and hear about all your adventures.. What is RAGNAR???? Tell me more about it ☻
Max is SO cute!!!!!! Tell him he can come cook for me, I'd love it!