Friday, January 7, 2011

Wow

Wow! I don't even know where to start....I am often tempted to 'give-up' on the whole blogging thing. I am horrible and keeping up on it. And why on earth do I really do it anyway??? I feel like lately when I read other people's blogs, all I do is compare myself to everyone else and it's not great for my self esteem. I feel like the blogging world of Utah and turned into a bunch of word famous photographers/crafters/seamstresses/chefs/super-human mothers that have WAY more time than I do it seems.

But then there are some blogs....some blogs out there that are truly inspirational. A gal in my ward has started a new blog about her journey to become genuinely happy. I love to read and it makes me really think about life and happiness. I like that. I like not just thinking about how everyone (it seems) is more talented in every way. So my new goal is to read blogs that uplift and inspire...or even make me laugh. I like those blogs too. In addition, my goal also encompasses looking at the value of my own blog. I want it to be something inspirational to my children....not just showing off my lack of talents (like being domestic).

So it brings me back to the question....why??? The answer is not as simple as I thought it should be. I guess I like to do it? I feel like my blog is somewhat of a journal that let's me write my thoughts and feelings and acts as a great 'out'. I also love to journal my kids and their lives and sweet moments. I know my kids love to look at pictures and someday this blog will be something for them to look back and read and remember the fun and important things in their lives. Is that a good enough answer? hmmm....



Anyway, here we go....



Our sweet baby Brody turned one last month. He really couldn't be any sweeter. He is such a good baby. He is so perfect. I really couldn't think of anything I would change about him. He is still growing at an outrageous rate. He he perfectly proportioned....just BIG:) He is so cute and always has a smile for you. One thing I love about him is his shy personality. He is the best cuddler and will go to anyone that wants to hold him....and the first thing he will do when they pick him up is lay his head on their shoulder for a really great love. Man we were lucky to get such a great baby!

Paige is growing up way too fast. She has started taking dance and she is a natural. She loves her dance teacher and always does each step with utmost perfection. She watches the teachers so close so that she can be JUST like her....she wants to point her toes just like her, she wants to grow her hair just like her, she wants to be a great dancer just like her. Here she is looking at her toes to make sure they are just right....yes a little Obsessive Compulsive I believe.






And leaves us with Maxwell. Max is as sweet and silly as ever. His favorite time of the year is Halloween and now that it has come and gone he is planning his costume for next year. He even like to plan other people's costumes too....the other day in church he announced in the middle of sacrament meeting that I should be a huge pumpkin head for Halloween next year. The people behind us couldn't help but giggle. I'm not sure if they were giggling because they were picturing me as a giant pumpkin, or because it was December and he was talking about Halloween! Here he is as a skeleton...I know what you're thinking, "Wow...not too creative for someone who plans their costume all year!" But that's what he wanted to be after changing his mind 4 times throughout the year.



Ok...enough for now. I really am going to do much better at keeping up and not feeling so stressed to be as good as everyone else. I will just do the best I can do and try everyday to be a little better than the day before.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Whatever Katie, you are as crafty and creative as anyone I know!

Sarah Cox said...

I agree, it is hard to keep up sometimes...but you truly are one of the most awesome people I know. You always have the best stories! You just need to take the time to write them down.
I need to be better at blogging too. It has been awhile. But I did get the first year of my blog printed into a book for a Christmas present to me. It is really cool! Jared LOVES to look at it and remember all of the fun (and not so fun) times we have had. I highly recommend that you do that too. It is a great family journal!

Andrea said...

Katie Lou, don't be sad that you're not as fabulous as me...not many people are. :)

Simonsen Family said...

I love your blog and hearing about the fun adventures your family are up too... I am not talented nor crafty, I blog to turn each year into a real book like you mentioned for journaling. Keep bloging and don't give up. I love your updates ☻

Lots of Love,
Becki

Amanda said...

Oh my dear friend...you don't give yourself nearly enough credit. You are absoluetly amazing and I look at you and wish I was so much better and more like you. And the things that REALLY matter, you do! I love your guts!

The Christensen's said...

So glad you updated your blog!! It's so fun to keep up with what you are doing since it has been FOREVER since I've seen you!! We seriously need to get together one of these days when I am back in Utah!! Your kids are adorable!