Wednesday, February 18, 2009

VALEN'TIMES' DAY

Working at the elementary school I get hear all the new 'lingo' that the kids use. They all say 'valentimes' instead of valentines...and it drives me CRAZY. I spent the whole day on Friday before valentines day teaching all the kids the proper way to say it. I even wrote it on my little white-board so they could see how it is spelled. Another weird word they use is, "Budge" or in a sentence it would look like this: "Don't cut in line you big Budger!"....I laughed so hard the first time I heard the kids say this. I don't know about you, but when I was in school we called it 'butting' in line....weirdo kids.



We had a great Valentines Day weekend. Both of my parents are in town so we were able to spend the weekend with them. Trevor gave me a wonderful present that I adore..... It's a picture of the Bountiful Temple and has our name and anniversary date on it.


And I got Trev some new gear for our cruise that we're going on in November.

The kids were completely spoiled by my parents. I think they were on a sugar high for 3 days!

2 comments:

Sarah Cox said...

I hate valentimes too!! I did the same thing! I swear we share a brain! And we also have "budgers" at Riverdale Elementary. Weirdo's

Jaime said...

Ohhhhh...you guys did good gifts! Fun!:)